Content writing is an art that can be mastered quickly if you know how to do it. In fact, it is more science than art. There are techniques that need to be followed. Here are a few do’s and don’ts of content writing that pretty much sums up this tutorial.
- Understand the purpose of your content
- Structure your content wisely
- Use subheadings and bullets to make your content an easy read
- Use images wherever required
- Make it search engine friendly
- Revise before publishing/delivering
- Don’t go out of context
- Don’t write extra-long statements
- Don’t use complex words/jargons just to sound fancy
- Write original. Don’t copy-paste and rephrase
Start your career as a content writer
Once you have learnt the basics of content writing, it is time to start your career as a content writer. To give you a head start, I have compiled a list of 25 resources to find content writing jobs.
This lesson completes the ‘Content writing for beginners’ course. To discuss or ask your queries, connect with the community on Facebook and post there.